Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foundation Repair - Hole for Well Hose

Hello, I have a large hole in my foundation where the hose for the well enters the house and connects to the pump. The hole is approx 1 foot in diameter and opens up into a hollow space that appears to be under the foundation. The hole is located in my crawl space we use for storage and mice are entering the house here. The previous owners had stuffed pink insulation into the house but of course that does not stop mice or the draft that comes from this.

I want to plug this up to keep out the mice and drafts but not impact the hose for the well or making servicing or replacing the hose problematic. I plan to use some expanding spray foam along with a layer of steel wool. Can anyone think of a reason not to, or a better way? I did not want to get involved in using a mortar or mix if possible.

The crazy foam should work. It sticks to everything, so it shouldn't slump. It will work for the draft. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether Mice might chew through the foam. I wouldn't think it would taste very good.

Comment

hole plug

use quarter inch hardware cloth [galvanized steel] about an inch over sized. cut a hole in the middle to clear your hose and a cut horizontally so you can get the cloth around the water pipe. now cut small tabs on the outside circumference in towards the center and press the screen into the hole using the bent tabs to hold the cloth in place. use minimum expanding foam to seal the edges.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =