Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift Master door opener with security eyes

I have a garage door opener Lift Master 1/2 HP with electric eyes for security.
    Several years ago the eyes were not working so I replaced the board and that fixed the problem.
    Before I replaced the board the light in the opener would come on when door was opened/closed. After the board was replaced the light would come on any time the security beam was broken as well as when opening the door.
    Now the light will not come on at all. The eyes work perfectly and the only thing I can guess is the board which I won't replace again as it is $90....too much for a light.
    Any other possibilities....cap?....relay?? etc?
    Thanks

I am assuming that you verified that the light was not burned out?

Another issue that I have had on LiftMaster operators is that the tab at the bottom of the socket does not contact the light bulb. Disconnect the power from the operator, remove the bulb, and raise the tab a bit. See if that helps.

Comment

Many thanks and yes varified on both points...no power to the bulb.

Comment

Block the safety sensor with the opener in open position and try close, you should then hear about 10 click from the opener as the light relay make the light blink. If you don't hear the clicks possible bad light relay. To fix that, new board or new opener and yes I will buy a LiftMaster again.

Comment

Many thanks for the reply. It sure seems like this forum is watched by some who like to help and try to solve problems.I always check help forums and most often finally get the help I need. I also make sure to give feedback on any solution to help others.
          Anyway, yes there were many "clicks" when trying to close door with eye blocked. What does this mean and is the relay not replaceable if it is bad....why the whole board.
          Thanks

Comment

Just thought I would give an update. Took front cover off and cleaned all contacts on bulb housing and now the bulb goes on and off when door is lowered/raised but not when the eye beam is broken.
            This is exactly the way it was before I replaced the board 3 years ago. Must be a defect in the board.
            I can live with this.
            Thanks for the help

Comment

The clicking noise you can hear is the light relay working and is a part on the logic board and LiftMaster don't give any part number for it. If you are good with working on circuit boards and can find the relay, I don't see why it can't be replaced, but to much can go wrong so quick and easy replace the logic board.
              The LiftMaster light sockets are deep and some light bulbs can not reach the contacts = no light, screw it in tight.
              The light on when breaking the safety sensor beam is an option that you can turn on and off. To turn it on, turn on the light, then press and hold the light button for 10 second the light will blink and you are done. To turn it off, done the same way, but start with the light off.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't think my Liftmaster 1255 has the light on/off button feature. There is only one button on the back which is for remotes and none of the remotes have a second button. Everything else works as it should.
                Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                X
                =