Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Source to Buy a K-1 pressure regulator

Does anyone know where I can get a K-1 pressure regulator to reduce the fuel pressure to my Monitor 442? I know the pressure should not be more then 2.5 psi. I apologize if this info is elsewhere in the forum but I was unable to find it.

I also know that the regulator is not standard equipment on the heater rather it is a necessary accessory according to the Monitor installation manual.

Thank you,
    Andrew

height of tank

How high is the bottom of the tank you are using above the floor the stove sits on? In addition how high is the top of the tank above the floor?

Tom

Comment

height of tank

I do not have the exact height measurements you asked for. However, the height of the max fuel level n the tank is above the 8 1/2 feet which is the max allowed be Monitor's specs. I have used the heater (but only while I was watching it) and there is a loud whistling sound when the system is cutting back on fuel. I have a general purpose low pressure regulator suitable for K-1 as well as the gauges to set the pressure. I would rather avoid the calibration if I could. I also received a recommendation to barely open the cut off valve but that will only limit the max flow rate and would not limit the pressure at zero flow.

Thank you for your interest.

Comment

pressure regulator

Just cracking the valve will not reduce the pressure. If the top of the tank is over 8 1/2 feet and it is full, then the pressure will be over 2.5 PSI. Go to the Toyotomi USA web site and find a wholesaler near you. The wholesale will be able to give you a Toyotomi dealer near you. They offer a pressure regulator that is calibrated to 2.0 PSI. This part will work fine with a Monitor heater. In the mean time if you can keep the fuel level below the 8 1/2 mark you should be OK.

Tom

Comment

pressure regulator

Amazon has one.

Amazon.com: Holley 12-804 Fuel Pressure Regulator: Automotive
          Amazon.com: Holley 12-804 Fuel Pressure Regulator: Automotive. ... i use this on a 1982 toyota pickup for my weber carb at 2.5-3 lbs of pressure and it works ...

Comment

incorrect pressure regulator

Regulator Needs Minimum Flow to Regulate
            By N. W. Wildeboor on September 30, 2009 Amazon Verified Purchase While delivery was great and the description was spot on, this little device wasn't what I needed for my application, as it requires a certain minimum amount of fuel flow in order to regulate. When used in a minimum pressure application (in this case, 1.5 psig)when the fuel flow stops or drops very low, pressure delivered rises to the maximum of the fuel pump, which is enough to force the float valve in the carb from it's seat. This causes exactly the problem I installed the regulator to prevent. all this is probably an "off design" application (generator for an RV using a larger remote tank and small electric fuel pump)I feel that the regulator should regulate...just as air pressure regulators do for example.
            In all, the application was a failure...sorry, Holley!

Comment

I use a Cash-Acme A31 on my Toyotomi water heater. Another regulator that might work is the Watts 26A.

Comment

Cash-Acme A31

Did you have to calibrate the A31? I already have a WWATTS 1KBZ8 which is of the A26 series but it is adjustable from 0 to 30 psi and must be calibrated.

Again, thanks for your help.

Comment

calibration

I bought the A31 already set for 2 psi. If you need to set your regulator, try cranking it down to minimum output pressure and then backing it off a little. It doesn't have to be exactly at 2psi...just less than 2.5. You could also use a swimming pool 0-30 psi pressure gauge and a tee to set it. These gauges are pretty cheap. A good low-pressure gauge costs a lot more.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =