X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Water coming out dirty

Hello
    This is my first post so please be patient
    I have a problem, everytime I turn on the hot water no matter which tap the water comes out rusty colour, I have my suspicions re hot water heater but I thought I better check with you before I ring the plumber, tradesmen are expensive
    Looking forward to your reply
    Cheers
    Rocio

Perth Australia?......Go the Eagles !!
    Typically I'd say your water heater is on it's way out. You can drain the heater to remove the sediment this will buy you a little time at worst.
    You have to turn off the power to the heater, then attach a hose to the drain line and open the valve (open the pressure relief valve as well to allow easy draining. Make sure the electrical supply/breaker is turned off !!
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Re Dirty water coming out of hot water tap

Hello Pushkins

Thank you so much for your reply!!

How do you know about the Eagles? They are at the top of the ladder so Woo hoooo

Yes time to change the water heater, it must be not older than 10 years old, the release tap is always open and it drains as needed, is this the correct procedure?

Once again than you and my regards to your beautiful country , I just came back from two weeks in California with some rellies

Cheers

Rocio

Comment

Ten years is about the life of a heater. Open the drain open safety valve, if it's real bad the drain may be plugged. If it drains, turn water back on to flush it. Once flushed fill it up.

Comment

Dirty water coming out of hot water tap

Hello Xfitter71

thank you for your advice

i will try that as a stop gap measure as I have to get the roof recapped first, then I am considering installing a solar hot water heater afterwards

Cheers

rocio

Originally posted by Rocio View Post
          Hello
          This is my first post so please be patient
          I have a problem, everytime I turn on the hot water no matter which tap the water comes out rusty colour, I have my suspicions re hot water heater but I thought I better check with you before I ring the plumber, tradesmen are expensive
          Looking forward to your reply
          Cheers
          Rocio

Comment

Working...
          X
          =