Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resurface Front Cement Step to House

When I purchased this house a few years back there was a crack down the front step. Filled it in and it has held, now my plan is to recoat or resurface it so the patch job I did is not visible and it looks more natural. Not sure where to start as far as what product(s) to use. Is this a job for a cement professional or a fairly easy Do It Yourself project. The rest of the step is just fine, no point in tearing it out to put in a new one. See image for area I am looking to work on. One flat area leading into our house 8 feet by 8 feet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8842.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	87864
    Last edited by 06Honda; 04-11-2014, 05:16 PM.

That's an easy fix, most big box stores carry a mortar based skim coat/surface bonding cement, it's in the cement/concrete isle. Mix it exactly as directed, pour it on the surface then trowel it out smooth, the troweling is to help it flow over the area. Your area of 8'x8' makes it a super easy task. You might need two bags at 1/8" thickness. Make sure you either acid clean the area first or power wash it down the day before.
    Being a landing, you might want to very lightly broom it over when it's almost dry to give it a slight roughness.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thanks for the great info, appreciate that. I will wait till it gets a little warmer next month, still cool and damp here in southern Ontario.

Comment

Originally posted by 06Honda View Post
        Thanks for the great info, appreciate that. I will wait till it gets a little warmer next month, still cool and damp here in southern Ontario.

Your welcome. So should I brag about my 80's sunny and dry ?
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =