Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor keeps shutting off

i have a monitor 422...i knocked out the plug and when i restarted it the heater went for about 5 minutes and then shut down...there was a knocking coming out of it and it would only run on 4 bars ...it worked great before this...please help...it is still cold in Canada..lol

M422

Was there a flame in the burner pot? When was the last time the burner was serviced?

Tom

Comment

422 monitor

yes there was a flame in the burner pot....only 4 indicators.....just serviced in February......worked great up until the point that the plug was knocked out

Comment

M422 trouble

When the flame is strong and blue, watch the status lights and flame at the same time. If the flame is strong and the status lights light go out, you have a flame sensor that is telling the main board there is no flame. Carbon, warped burner ring. If the flame dies out and then the lights go out you have a fuel problem. Low fuel, no fuel, dirty filters or bad tank vent.

Tom

Comment

heater

did you reset the constant level control? my reason for asking this, is the heater was calling for high heat. your pulling the plug interrupted this cycle, so fuel kept on flowing into the sump, eventually locking out the mechanical lockout.
          when the heater started again - it pumped all the fuel out of the sump and the pump started to thump.
          because the fuel is gravity fed and the needle valve stayed closed, no fuel would enter the bowl.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =