Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on a non-slip prodcut for a wood handicap ramp

Hopefully someone has used a product and got good results. I tried non-slip tape, its peeling off the ramp after only 4 months. Now I'm looking at using an aerosol spray product or or something that "paints" on like regular paint. I live in the NW Florida panhandle. Winter weather can be down to single digits but typically 30-60 degrees. Summer weather is hot & humid with lots of thunderstorms, temps 70-95 degrees and of course the ramp is always in the sun. Thanks for all advice.
    Last edited by not very handy; 06-21-2014, 03:52 PM.

non slip coating

Non-Slip Wood Deck Coating | Wooden Floor Slip Resistant Products
    provides a paintable non slip surface over wood.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion. Trusty Step seems like a reliable product do you have an experence using Trusty Step?

Comment

Try SolidStepCote Liquid Anti-Slip Coating, it can found and pretty much any hardware store. I put up a deck a little while back and coated with it SolidStepCote for the kids.

Comment

I have a wooden ramp at my home about 10' long and built with 2x6's. When I built it about 3 years ago I wanted something to prevent slips/falls during wet weather and really had no idea what to use then I got the idea of buying a bundle of roof shingles and cut the tabs down to 5"x12" and nailed 2 of them side by side onto the walking surface. I haven't had any problems during wet weather. Of course in the winter if there's ice they will ice over. Last winter even during snow fall they gave plenty of traction to walk on if you were careful. The grit seems to be staying on them well considering they are exposed to weather and being walked on daily.
          Last edited by FordMan59; 06-30-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul808 View Post
            Try SolidStepCote Liquid Anti-Slip Coating, it can found and pretty much any hardware store. I put up a deck a little while back and coated with it SolidStepCote for the kids.
            Thanks for your suggestions everyone. After alot of research I've decided to go with Paul808 suggestion. The manufacturer suggest not applying in temps over 90. Summer has set in so it will probably be October before applying. I will try to update how well the product works.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =