Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remote control of a light and fan switch.

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote control of a light and fan switch.

I’ve seen switches advertised that let you remote mount a light switch and it will control your old switch in the wall. We have a ceiling fan/light switch that I want to move, but the place where I want to move it has studs going through it so I think a remote mount would work better. Does anyone know of a switch like this that is more than a light switch? I’ve seen a fan/light control with a remote control, but I can’t mount the remote to the wall and it also needs line of sight to the old switch. That’s another problem, I am going to be covering the old switch with a piece of large furniture, so their will be no line of sight to it. Do these remote switches need to see the old switch they are controlling?

go to a site that advertises X10 telemetry. Although a lot of the stuff is manufactured in China, it does afford remote controlling devices using a radio frequency and doesn't need to be within "line of sight."
    I have a closed circuit system for two security cameras at my house and transmits real time color pictures to a receiver connected to a spare color tv. It operates in the 12.7 Mhz region. They also have whole house control using radio frequency through your home computer system.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =