Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for good fan/light and how to mount bug zapper for outside

So, we moved into a house with a five foot deep covered area out back on the patio. There are two light fixtures and two outlets along the ceiling corners. I'm thinking two ceiling fans with lights to replace the light fixtures and two bug zappers.

My maximum area for fans is 48 inches. Home Depot's website is out of stock of everything within my $100 budget. Any advice?

Lastly, I need to mount the bug zappers to the bottom of the ceiling to hang downward. It's a cement structure. I don't know what to buy or how to secure it. Any advice what to do?

Thanks in advance. Totally new to fans and mounting stuff to hang down in cement...

with regards to the two fans you need a required head to fan clearance of seven feet. a special box is made for fans. there are two 10-32 studs that run right through the box, which is secured to a framing member or your ceiling by approved means. In your case being concrete, I would use tap-cons. for the bug zappers which plug into an outlet, then just hang there, I would use a lag shield and an appropriate "hook" screwed into the shield.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =