Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maytag MVWC 300xwo won't run

I hope I got the model number right. The lid will lock and a light comes on but nothing elses happens. A repairman said the main control board 2118940 needs replaced, which means it isn't worth fixing. It is 3 years old. I may have someone else look at it. Do you agree with hime? Thanks.

I don't have any personal experience with that Maytag washer design. There should be a 'tech sheet' with the appliance's wiring diagram inside the machine. It should list some diagnostic procedures. I believe the locking mechanism might also be a possibility.

LINK > Maytag MVWC300XW0 Latch Asm.

A repairman said the main control board 2118940 needs replaced, which means it isn't worth fixing
    The replacement control is not that expensive as far as electronic control boards on appliances are concerned. It's definitely not cheap though.

LINK > Maytag MVWC300XW0 Replacement Electronic Control # W10438123

JFYI

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I'll look for the diagnostics. The main control board costs $200 plus near as I can tell. T%he washer cost about $300. Bob

Comment

Originally posted by ba_50
        The main control board costs $200 plus. The washer cost about $300. Bob
        That model washer is currently available in the Sears Outlet for $419. You might be able to get a different model washer for $300.

The control for your machine that I linked to in my previous message is less than $160. If you can do the work yourself it might be a worthwhile repair, if needed.

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Looks like I had the wrong part number. $160 might be reasonable, and I have fixed a lot of different things. I'll look at the part and see what is involved. Thanks. Bob

Comment

Part substitutions are common

Originally posted by ba_50
            Looks like I had the wrong part number
            No. The original part # 2118940 is now superseded by # W10438123. I wouldn't have thought anyone would still have stock of the original 2118940 part.

Different suppliers often sell the same parts at different prices. I searched for the cheapest source for it.

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Is this model considered a digital apliance? The repairman said to stay away from them.

I looked at the main board and it looks like it is held on by 3 tabs with a bunch of plugins. Bob

Comment

It can be "electronic" without being "digital"

Is this model considered a digital apliance?
                It is an electronic appliance since it has an electronic control board, which i usually recommend consumers avoid buying, but there are very few totally mechanical models sold any more. It doesn't necessarily have to have a digital display to be electronic although if it does have a digital display it will definitely be electronic.

But you're not looking to buy it, it is already in your possession??

Dan O.
                www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Yes, we bought one new 3 years ago. Probalby be better off selling it.

Comment

We bought one new about 3 years ago. Did you mean it might just be a locking mechanism part?

Comment

Same here. I do the same it it were myself. Good call.

Comment

I was a newbie once....lo....Maytag are the best

Comment

I mentioned selling and fixing, what was your call? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          =