Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox G8-120 Blower parts

Hi all,

I have a Lennox G8-120 furnace and the shaft has worn through the bearing on the drive end (belt drive). I called the local HVAC guy I usually deal with, as he is pretty good about not trying to sell me on things I don't need, and does a good job of talking through the problem with me before sending anyone out. He indicated that up until a few years ago this would have been a pretty straightforward job - get a couple new bearings, maybe a new shaft, and replace them - but now Lennox no longer supplies parts for a furnace of this vintage. He did tell me that I would likely be able to find a bearing that would fit at an automotive shop or similar, but the problem I have is I don't really know the specs on the bearing/shaft without taking the blower out, and I don't want to take it out until I'm ready to fix it.

Does anyone have any specs for these bearings, or know where to find them? I'm located in Winnipeg.

Thanks!

you are gonna have to remove the motor and take it apart. if your motor has ball bearings, they are usually sealed with a metal seal or a rubber seal. numbers and letters indicating the bearing numbers are etched or engraved in the seals.
    IF however your motor uses sintered bronze sleeve bearings, you are going to need the outside diameter, inside shaft diameter (or shaft diameter) bearing length and bearing wall thickness.
    don't go to an automotive repair shop looking for bearings. go to a place that sells only bearings or an industrial supply like msc or mcmaster-carr. Grainger might be or service to you too.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =