Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage door replacement and repair

Hi everyone, I am planning to renovate my old house completely and for that i need to repair my Garage door and get a new motor for it . Any brand suggestion ? Thanks

What type of Garage is yours, mainly there are 3 types

Rolling Doors comprise of a ribbed steel curtain that moves vertically in the opening and rolls up and around the drum, guided by tracks and counterbalanced with springs.

They are particularly suitable for garages and sheds where there is plenty of headroom above the opening and where a traditional look is required.

Sectional Doors are made from a number of rigid sections/panels that are hinged together and move vertically in the opening, then horizontally along the ceiling, guided by tracks and counter-balanced with springs.

These doors are the most aesthetically adaptable of most garage doors, and are available in a range of colours, patterns and may also featured windows. Sectional doors can be made of wood and other materials, but are most commonly made of steel.

Flex-A-Door is made from a durable Roll-A-door curtain that is fitted on a curving track – which slides from a vertical position up into a horizontal position, close to the ceiling.

It is especially suited to applications where there is not the headroom for a rolling door, or where a smoother, easier to use solution is required to replace an existing til door.

Tell me your exact needs then i will tell you, what exactly suits you .

Comment

Mine is sectional door, and the problem is that, when the panels move vertically , they get stuck in-between and then stop's working.

Comment

I think the springs are not that good to handle it. Have you tried changing them ?

Comment

Can you suggest me any experts to help me out ?

Comment

When i had to get my garage door, i got it from http://www.garaga.com

I am not sure where you are located but if your looking to hire a company to replace your garage door you can check out one of these Garaga distributor locations:

Albany, NY : Garage Doors Albany
            Kitchener, ON :Garage Doors Kitchener
            Manchester, NH : Garage Doors Manchester
            Taunton, MA : Garage Doors Taunton
            Bridgeport, CT : Garage Doors Bridgeport
            Newport, RI : Garage Doors Newport
            Chicago, IL : Garage Doors Chicago
            Des Moines, IA : Garage Doors Des Moines
            Philadelphia, PA : Garage Doors Philadelphia
            Washington, DC :Garage Doors Washington

They also have a bunch of other locations, so if you let me know where your located I can share the url of the location closest to you.

Comment

Garage door brand that I will recommend is Clopay, Amarr and CHI. Look at their websites find the style and design you like, then contact a dealer in your area.
              Garage door opener, there is really only one that I will recommend and that's LiftMaster. Again look at the website find what you like and need. Most door dealers also have the LiftMaster openers.

Comment

@PAUL808
                @TJR

Ok thanks guys, I will check all of the brands recommended by you guys. I will come back to give my feedback.

Cheers

Comment

Quite good information there cheers!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =