Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor leveling

I'm having 12mm laminate installed in basement. No moisture issues. There is a floor drain in the floor that ends in the woods, covered for decades, and has been covered with some type of carpet since house was built. I will need to level the concrete there.do you think one 50lb bag of self-leveler will do it?

Originally posted by Xfitter71 View Post
    I'm having 12mm laminate installed in basement. No moisture issues. There is a floor drain in the floor that ends in the woods, covered for decades, and has been covered with some type of carpet since house was built. I will need to level the concrete there.do you think one 50lb bag of self-leveler will do it?
    It depends on how much slope they put on the floor going to the drain and how far from the drain. Best thing to do is find where the floor levels out, find the average depth of the filler you need to fill the low area and the sf. of the low area, after finding this out, check the bag to see if it tells how much it makes (1/2cf, 1cf, etc.). If the average depth is 1/2" and the bag makes 1/2 cf it would fill 12 sf. Only way to know how much you need is do the math. You're likely going to find other high/low spots in the floor, pouring concrete is never exact. I used to be a field engineer for a general contractor that did large commercial jobs, I often saw as much as 3/4"-1" variation from the highest point to lowest point in concrete slabs that were supposed to be level. We used to drop drains in bathrooms or commercial kitchen areas about 1" below floor level and about a 3'-4' radius from the drain. If the drain is 1" below floor level and the concrete is poured perfectly the average depth of the filler would be 1/2".
    Last edited by FordMan59; 09-18-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

That's a lot of info. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =