Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceiling Lights Not Working

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this...

I replaced the 100w bulb in my bathroom with a 60w that only uses 15w. Turned it on and it sparked and then wouldn't work (new bulb was/is still fine). So then I tried replacing the bulb in the hallway in front of the bathroom, worked for about a couple minutes and then went out, no sparks.

I checked my breaker box, all breakers turned on, but turned them off and on (they're not labeled and I had no idea what each was for). The hallway then worked for a few seconds but went out again. The bathroom still would not come on at all.

What's going on? Loose wire? Is it easy to fix?

Thanks in advance!

was the light bulb in your bathroom a regular incandescent bulb or a cfl? the 100 watt bulb.

Comment

Incandescent.

Comment

ok, then I take it the new bulb you are using is a CFL [compact flourescent] - Some of these are to be installed in all positions, some are base up or base down configuratin.
        check the packaging for any of the above words.
        the positions refer to the tiny mercury droplet inside the glass tube. the vaporized mercury is used to conduct electricity inside the tube and establish contact from one electrode to the other.
        the glowing electrons excite the phosphorus coating inside the tube to give off visible light.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =