Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE PSS26SGPA temperature control panel lights off

My frig stopped working, the freezer warmed up and ice melted, the frig side warmed up also. I changed the main control board and now the freezer is getting cold and so is the frig side. The problem is none of the temperature control lights are on. So I have no idea what the temperature is set at. I do hear a sound when I increase or decrease the temp setting. Any ideas? Water dispenses ok and the ice maker is fine because it tries to dispense ice (no ice yet to dispense). Please let me know if you can help. Thanks.

Check connections

If the display was working previous to the board replacement but not after, one of the connectors may not be seated properly or there may be a problem with the newly installed part.

I suggest you double check all the electrical connections on the board.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks Dan for the reply. A little more background. We were away on vacation when this problem occurred. My daughter decided to come over and stay at the house and noticed the problem a few days later. She called me and I suggested she get it fixed. She said a repairman came over and looked at the unit and said "probably the compressor". The temp control lights and all other lights were working. The freezer was blowing air but not cold. She said he went to the back of the frig and did a few things and told my daughter he will need to order a few parts in order to fix it. She told him she will wait until her parents came back because the temp lights went out and he could not explain why. She told him they were working before he meddled with it. I connected the new control board according to what I saw when I removed the old one. There are 2 connectors that are not connected to anything. One is a small 2 pin and the other 3 pin connector.

Comment

There are 2 connectors that are not connected to anything. One is a small 2 pin and the other 3 pin connector.
        Were they connected to something before?

If so, that's probably the problem and you should check the instructions that came with the board and/or that the correct board was installed.

LINK > GE PSS26SGPA Main Control Board WR55X10942

JMO

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I did check the manual and watched a video. The 2 connectors are not supposed to be connected to anything. They could be for testing purposes.

Comment

I do not know where those loose connectors go, if anywhere. Sorry

If it's not a connection problem and not a defective new part, a break in the wiring to the door (which often occurs near where the wiring goes through the lower door hinge) or a problem with the display board may be a possible coincidence.

Did anyone check and/or try tightening the connectors on the board that was replaced? That might be a fairly easy procedure to do to rule that out for peace of mind.

BTW. If you did need to call in a professional for one of GE's electronically controlled refrigerator models I would suggest a GE *factory authorized* service depot as they should be most familiar with the product.

JMO

Dan O.
            Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 10-13-2014, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =