Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caloric RST307 Spark Module

I have a Caloric RST307 slide-in range where the top burners sometimes won't light. Often the wrong burner will spark while gas is coming from the other one. I think this is a spark module issue. I'd like to order a new part, but first want to know where the module is located. Is it accessed from the back side, under the cook top, or elsewhere? I'd rather know where to look before I start taking things apart. Thanks.

I'm sorry but the parts lists for that era of product are not accurate enough to show where components are actually located and Caloric did put the spark module in some odd places on their ranges, one is by the side panel at the bottom of the range in the drawer area.

The best I can do is link to a picture of the part so you know what you're looking for. (The eventual replacement part may look different than the one pictured at the link and found on your range.)

LINK > Caloric RST307 Spark Module

I hope it helps

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 10-28-2014, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks. The drawer area is probably the easiest to check so I'll start there. Maybe someone who has actually repaired this model will respond, but I won't hold my breath.

Comment

I was able to locate the service manual for that model online. It looks like it might not be that simple. The manual states:

Originally posted by RSS/RST Range Service Manual RC231002 page 95
        DISASSEMBLY PROCEDURES - RST MODELS

Spark Module (Slide-In Models)

1. Disconnect electricity at main disconnect plug.
        2. Remove the top burner grates and main top.
        3. Remove control panel.
        4. Remove top burner assembly (right and left).
        5. Remove eitght (8) screws securing the burner box in place.
        6. Gently maneuver control panel to free burner box and move burner box to right to expose spark module.
        7. Disconnect both spark ignitor leads coming from spark module.
        8. Remove viloet and white wires on spark module.
        9. Remove the module mounting bracket on left top front insulation retainer.
        10. Replace with new module.
        11. Reverse procedure to reinstall module
        LINK > Caloric RSS/RST Gas Range Service Manual PDF

Here's what the current replacement spark module might look like. It looks to be made by a different manufacturer now than the original.

LINK > Replacement Caloric RST307 Spark Module

JFYI

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thank you very much for looking that up for me. I may try the disassembly when my wife has no cooking plans, although she says it is easier to use a match when the spark is going to the wrong burner. I guess we're lucky it works at all after nearly 30 years.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =