Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monitor 30 heater won't light

Thanks {vb:rawphrase post_thanks_given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    I tried blowing into the bowl and actuating the lever. Still no fuel coming out of line. I will check the solenoids next.
    Did you have fuel coming out of the sump when you took filter out. There is also a larger screw next to the filter you can loosen and see if you have fuel in the sump

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    I had the same issue with my Monitor 30 when I got it, I didn't try to analyse it, I planned on a complete rebuild so all the fuel system was cleaned inside and out with laquer thinner and carb cleaner, solenoids fuel pump, valves, and lines got completely cleaned and blown out, cleaned everthing, combustion pot was beadblasted and check for cracks, all air and fuel ports cleaned as new, new fan bearings, upon reassembly the unit fired up and ran without any problems and functioned flawlessly, so the problem in my case was just years of crud building up to a point where it inhibited the operation of the unit
    Last edited by akaothermick; 11-14-2014 at 03:55 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to akaothermick For This Useful Post:

rrob311 (11-24-2014)

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Ya there was fuel coming out of the bowl and the drain screw when I opened them. Just nothing past that.

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    468 Posts
    Then I would look towards the fuel solenoids, the chain of events that must occur before the fuel pump turns on etc. read previous threads. There's a whole section since this sub directory was started. Monitors aren't hard to troubleshoot.

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts
    On EBAY I saw a safety solenoid part # 4031 for sale. It's just the coil, not the whole part. I don't show that part number on my list, so I'm not sure exactly what they have. If you are still having problems you may very well know what they have. Tom

Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    I picked up a monitor 30 heater and it turns on and I can hear the combustion fan run but it won't light. It hasn't been used in years. I read the manual but don't see a strainer to clean. I would like to get it up and running. Any tips on servicing this? It seems like it isn't getting fuel.
    I used to work on M30 circuit board and they were pain in the neck. The only thing we did to the boards that didn't pump fuel is to resolder or better yet replace the black relays. Also resolder any of the connectors. That fixed 99% of the boards.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HeaterPCBRepair For This Useful Post:

rrob311 (04-20-2015)

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I will have to check the solenoids soon. The heater has been apart in my garage all winter. I would really like to get this back together and running.

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I cleaned the fuel system out and nothing really looked clogged. Does anyone have a manual for this so I can check the solenoids? Or tell me how many volts they take to actuate? I have manuals for all of the other newer monitor heaters but not this one. I like the 30 better because its built like a tank compared to the newer ones.

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts
    The Med Solenoid has a resistance of 2300 ohm's, the High Solenoid is 2300 ohm's. The safety solenoid has a resistance of 1700 ohm's on both front and rear solenoids.

The Med Sol has a voltage of 105 volts DC at E/F on board. The High Sol has a voltage of 105 volts DC at H/G on the board. The safety Solenoid also has a voltage of 105 DC at D on the board.

Are you sure the air safety switch is working as it should? If the hose is blocked you get no fuel.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hawkins111 For This Useful Post:

rrob311 (09-19-2016)

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Where is the air safety switch? I have been trying to locate a manual for this heater but I haven't found one yet.

Thread Information