Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Garage Door Lubriciant?

Is there a "best" type of garage door lubricant for garage doors/rollers etc? Lithium grease, silicone lubricant etc? Thanks!

Any spray lube for garage doors they have at your local hardware will be good. Silicone and other spray lube like it is ok. The only thing I don't use is the lithium grease spray.
    There is as many opinions on this as service techs out there.
    When I have a noisy door I use my 3in1 oil in the bottle and use a little drop of oil on each pivot point and roller shafts.
    And please, do not grease the tracks, you will have grease all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by TJR View Post
      Any spray lube for garage doors they have at your local hardware will be good. Silicone and other spray lube like it is ok. The only thing I don't use is the lithium grease spray.
      There is as many opinions on this as service techs out there.
      When I have a noisy door I use my 3in1 oil in the bottle and use a little drop of oil on each pivot point and roller shafts.
      And please, do not grease the tracks, you will have grease all over the place.
      Is the 3 in 1 a form of silicone spray? I see it is made by WD40. Also, just curious, why not lithium grease spray?

Comment

The lithium grease stay and sit where you spray it. Get your shirt in it and it's all over the place. Silicone spray dry up better and not as a big greasy spot. The 3in1 I use is in a little plastic bottle. And yes it's made by WD40. 3in1 is thicker then any spray lube, but still creep in where it need to do it's job.

Comment

WD40 is the best! It doesn't leave any residue that will end up getting all over everything later. We recommend lubricating all the moving parts (hinges, rollers and springs) at least once every six months.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =