Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Elite Gas Furnace - No Heat (LEDs show "normal operation")

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox Elite Gas Furnace - No Heat (LEDs show "normal operation")

I have a Lennox Elite series Gas furnace that we just tried to fire up for the first time of the fall season here in North TX. Here is the issue i am having:

When system set to "HEAT" and Fan set to "AUTO", nothing happens at all. I can set the Fan to "ON" and it will kick in and blow air, but the furnace does not light up at all.

I have opened the furnace door to check the Status LED lights, both Red & Green lights blink Simultaneously Slow (1 sec interval) which the sticker inside the door says "Normal Operation".

Does anyone have any advice on how to trouble-shoot this problem? It is below freezing for the next few days and my HVAC repairman is pretty backed up, won't be here for a few days.

Thanks.

Outside Temp: 30 degrees
    Inside Temp: 60 degrees (and dropping)
    Lennox Elite Series Gas Furnace (do not know where to find the model number)
    Age of unit: +/- 7 years

Here are a few photos, hopefully this helps some:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8598.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	87920

Name:	IMG_8599.jpg
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	87921

Name:	IMG_8597.jpg
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	87919

Cant see your thermostat wires where they are connected at on the board, If you jumper from r terminal to w terminal the heat should come on, If it does you have a problem with the wiring or thermostat

Comment

Name:	2013-01-25_062023_24v_tstat,hp.jpg
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	87322If all the limits and safety's are closed and you have 24 volts to W and no flash codes the board is bad.
      However if you kill power that erases the codes, you need to look through the peep hole to read the code

Comment

Working...
      X
      =