Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GE Portable Dishwasher Model # GLC4400R100WW No power.

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Portable Dishwasher Model # GLC4400R100WW No power.

Think I found the problem but not sure if it's something I can bypass or not. Picture included. Any suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141119_191427.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	87923

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sorry I was off on the model #. Its actually GLC4400R10WW

Comment

A connector should usually be able to be bypassed without a problem. Getting a replacement connector and proper wire terminals from GE is extremely unlikely IMO.

What does the wiring go to and would it ever need to be disconnected in the future? If not, I myself would likely cut and join the appropriate wires together individually.

JMO

Dan O.
      GE+DishwasherAppliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Done and works great. It's the power cable directly connected to plug in. The washer is stored in front of a heat vent. Maybe that was the issue. Found a new spot for it.

Comment

Poor connection

Originally posted by Superstimpy
          It's the power cable directly connected to plug in. The washer is stored in front of a heat vent. Maybe that was the issue.
          That is very unlikely. Failures like that are usually due to a loose connection which generates heat. Either the terminals inside the connector were not attached to the wires properly or the connector was not connected securely together during assembly or became loose during appliance installation or subsequent maintenance.

Done and works great.
          Glad to hear it. Thanks for the followup!

Dan O.
          Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 11-22-2014, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =