Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toilet bowl draning

Hi , I am hoping someone can help me with this problem. For about the past year we have been having a problem with our toilet bowl water that seems to be sucked out of the bowl to the point we will get a bad smell in the bathroom. I will flush the toilet a few times to fill the bowl up again and it will be ok for a few days and it will do it again. when I do flush the toilet to refill the bowl I can hear the drain in the shower sounding like the water was sucked out of the shower trap. We do have a vent pipe for the sewer system. When we moved into the house the previous owner had an old shower in the basement that I took out and I put a cap on the drain to keep it sealed shut. We have no leaks in the basement and I have not heard of any of my neighbors with this problem. Has any one ever experienced this or have any idea what is going on. This is a city sewer system. thank you Denny and Ida

check your "stack" up through the roof. Its purpose is to vent sewer gases to the atmosphere and aid in draining your sewer lines. if your vent is plugged above the highest point in the line, when you flush the toilet there is a suction created which will pull everything on that line down to the city sewer. Henceforth you will smell whatever is in the sewer line because there is no water trap in the toilet.
    That tube inside your toilet tank's bowl, its purpose is to refill the bowl with water every time you flush ensuring a blocked path to the exit line. That's also the purpose of every trap on all your sinks.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =