Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model 21 parts swapping?

i bought a model 21 monitor heater a couple of years ago as a backup for my other model 21.

it was supposedly working when it was removed.

now i want to use it in my shop, and started to clean it up and prepped a location for it.
    i found the vent pipe and i couldn't figure out how it connected until i looked at my other/working model 21 and i noticed that the angled exhaust pipe was missing from the unit i bought.

i had a 3rd model 21 that i was keeping for parts and i tried to wiggle that angled exhast pipe out of that, but it seemed futile.

if i look at the hole in the other unit where this angled pile exited it looks like it was just press fit into it and i see a red O ring in the hole, but i can't seem to budge it from my parts unit.

is there a way to do this without damaging it?

i'm almost tempted to take the parts unit apart and unscrew the pipe where it connects to the 2 vertical fin looking things that go to the the burning pot.

i can post some pics when i take them

thanks

ray b

The offset exhaust pipe just makes it convenient to line up the exhaust outlet with the hole you drill through the wall IF you didn't drill it perfectly centered on the unit.
    The rubber O ring seals the outside of the pipe where it fits into the last heat exchanger fin. Hard removing it means a carbon build up or white metal corrosion inside. Penetrating oil will aid in removing it. Be sure to replace the O ring with another. Red O rings are high temperature seals. They are silicone based instead of conventional buna n material.

Comment

Hit it with a propane torch a little and that should help. Use anti seize compound when you put it back together. Tom

Comment

hello

ok, so if i spray it with the oil is this something that would twist out (normally)?
        should i just try to rock it clockwise and counter clockwise until it loosens?
        i surmised it was a high temp O ring and already looked online for one.

thanks.

Comment

ok thanks. i'll try that too. i was afraid i'd break it if i forced it.

Originally posted by hawkins111 View Post
          Hit it with a propane torch a little and that should help. Use anti seize compound when you put it back together. Tom

Comment

Working...
          X
          =