Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whirlpool WDT790SLYM2 dishwasher motor leaking what is the seal that should stop it?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool WDT790SLYM2 dishwasher motor leaking what is the seal that should stop it?

I had a leak under the dishwasher. It took a bit, but I think i figured it out. Basically there was water in the bottom recess of motor and I think it must be leaking form there.

I would post a link or pic, but I am not yet allowed to. The part is
    Part #: W10476222

The water is coming from the bottom of, but there is no seal in the diagram that shows how it keeps water out. It is a tiny motor to spin the arm I guess, not a pump or anything. I would post link to url or image if allowed. Water is dripping from inside of white circle you see there.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0325.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	87929

Seal not available separately?

LINK > W10476222 Diverter Motor

there is no seal in the diagram
    Any seal would be inside the sump housing. I'm not familiar with that newer Whirlpool dishwasher pump design but it may not be available separately. It may only come with the replacement sump.

LINK > Whirlpool WDT790SLYM2 Sump

LINK > WDT790SLYM2 Sump and Motor Asm.

On older models the pump seal and pump impeller were available separately. The motor shaft went through the sump housing where the pump impeller with seal was then installed onto the motor shaft.

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 11-25-2014, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Any seal would be inside the sump housing. It may only come with the replacement sump.
      I believe that is correct going by this page I found:
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X
      =