Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to look for in a used Toyotomi stove?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to look for in a used Toyotomi stove?

Title says it all. I've been messing around with a troublesome Monitor and it's time to put the unit to rest. I'd like to get something that is actually still being produced, as parts and service will still be a reasonable option. I am looking at a 2 year old Laser 56 and was wondering what, if anything, I should be specifically looking for.

If you are buying the stove from a home owner you have no recourse. He can't help you if anything goes wrong. If you are getting it from a dealer or a good shop, they will be able to help if something goes wrong. I would say anything less than $1000 is a deal anything more is no good. You should get the flue pipe, air hose and drip tray as part of the deal. There is little you can see from just looking at the stove. If the person selling it cleaned it up nicely it will look brand new. You can see if there is evidence of overheating on the heat exchanger or igniter (insulation cracked). Staining on the louvers shows a gasket problem. Staining around the igniter shows a broken gasket. You can feel the rubber hose on the blower. If it is soft and pliable then the stove has not had much work. If it is hard then you know the stove has been worked hard. I am a Toyotomi dealer and I do not buy used heaters. They never seem to work out to a profit for me. If you send me the serial # and Lot # I can give you an idea when it was sold. Good luck and be careful, Tom

Comment

Working...
    X
    =