Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser 30 Disassembly

Thanks
    where is or what is the heat exchanger for the laser?

Thanks
    The heat exchanger on a Laser 30 is on top of the burner. It has two chambers for the hot gas to go through. On a L30 there is a relief cover in case of a back fire.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    The Heat Exchanger sets on top of the burn chamber and the exhaust flows thru it and gives up its heat to the exchanger because of the large surface area of the exchanger. A fan blows air over and thru the sections of the heat exchanger and out into the room. Think of it like an automotive radiator, hot coolant (exhaust) is dumped into a large surface area container where the coolant (exhaust) is slowed down and it spends a longer time in contact with the outer, cooler walls and the heat naturally transfers to the cooler walls (heat always goes to cold) where moving air, passing thru the radiator (heat exchanger) picks up that heat and transfers it away from the radiator (into the room).
    There is no such thing as cold, just an absence of heat. When you get to Absolute Zero, ALL heat is gone.

Greg Hall
    Technical Editor

Thanks
    This is a good example of a warped heat elementClick image for larger version. 

Name:	bent heat chamber.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	2705

Thanks
    Stopped by Rt. 37 on Monday. They called their distributor but all they could do was leave a message. Apparently no one is available this week. Rt. 37 told me they would contact me when they heard something.

Greg

Thanks
    Heard back from Rt.37, according to the Distributor, the Service and Operators manuals have the same information in them. And they are sticking to their story even after I pointed out the discrepancy’s in their exploded drawings. In any event, I am not going to get anywhere with RT. 37's distributor. And there is nothing RT.37 can do for me further.
    So if anybody has the fabled "Service" manuals for the 73 and 30, please let me know. hmca@imcnet.net

Greg

Thanks
    I'm sorry you had to go through all this. The service manual and the operators manual are two different things. Please write Toyotomi USA and advise them you are getting jacked around by their dealer. Don't except to get a reply, as they very seldom write back about anything.

Thanks
    Thanks to all who have helped me. I have received personal service notes as well as the Service Manual for the L73. Hopefully the manual for the L30 will magically appear in my in-box too.

EDIT: All manuals have magically appeared in my in-box. Thanks to all that helped!
    Greg
    Last edited by TechEditor; 01-14-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Thread Information