Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore washer tub removal

I know that there have been other posts concerning the inner tub removal on Kenmores. They were a different model number than I have though so maybe the process is a bit different.
    I have a Kenmore 110-4170092 model and can't get the inner tub off.

I have the spanner nut off and the tub will move about 1/8 inch upward. Then it seems to jam against something. Is there still something holding the inner tub on.

Down by the bottom of the spindle there are two plastic tabs or covers and I did try to see if they will come off but was a bit wary about forcing them. I do have a feeling that
    they may irrelevant for the removal though.
    Last edited by Dan O.; 12-18-2014, 03:33 PM. Reason: Made more descriptive title

I have a Kenmore 110-4170092 model
    I can find no listing for such a model number. Is it by chance a Canadian model? If not, please double check it.

I have the spanner nut off and the tub will move about 1/8 inch upward. Then it seems to jam against something. Is there still something holding the inner tub on?
    If your washer is Whirlpool's 'direct drive' washer design, no. But the tub hub can get seized onto the tub not allowing it to come free. This is advice from another tech:

"Once the tub nut is off, sometimes the tub gets frozen to the center hub. If the tub will not lift out, sometimes putting one foot inside of the tub and stomping down will break it free. Two people, one on each side can also lift up and push down at the same time, may also break the inner basket free."

Wrapping the tub spindle with a cloth soaked in hot water might cause its metal to expand slightly and allow it to ease its grip on the tub hub enough to be broken free. A technician might also try *carefully* using a torch in that area in very stubborn situations.

Down by the bottom of the spindle there are two plastic tabs or covers and I did try to see if they will come off but was a bit wary about forcing them.
    Those might hold a filter onto the bottom of the inner tub. It/they should not affect removal of the tub.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.ca
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 12-18-2014, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Yes it is a Canadian model. Not sure if there is an = for a American model. I'll try the methods you mentioned and let you know.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gimili97
        Yes it is a Canadian model.
        Sears Canada doesn't make their product information available to the general public. There is no way for me to look up to see what washer design you're dealing with so won't be able to be much specific assistance.

Dan O.
        Appliance411.ca
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =