Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor heater 40

I have a monitor 40 heater it was running ok then I ran out of fuel and when we got fuel it started out just fine then cut off
    I forgot that I cut main line off with that being said I cut oil line on and bled the filter. when I try to turn unit on the 4 burn status bars
    light up and the combustion chamber gets hot but it does not ignite. it then goes out

Which filter did you bleed and how did you bleed it?

Comment

I bled the outside filter

Comment

I screwed the screw out until the oil shot out in a steady flow

Comment

If it is just a fuel flow problem you should hear a thumping noise from the pump area when the status light are on.

Tom

Comment

No thumping sound was heard

Comment

No thumping noise no fuel pump. Air or exhaust obstruction, bad blower motor, or hose off air safety switch. Tom

Comment

thanks I will check these out but not today wife has flu need to take care of her but thank for your advice and help

Comment

When I installed my 422 back in '96 it wouldn't fire up either. Apparently I had an air blockage somewhere in the fuel system that wasn't bleeding through the filter bleed screw. I loosened the gland nut coming from the outside tank and waited for good fuel flow at the heater. It then fired up and ran perfectly.

Comment

I once ran my Kero tank dry and had to bleed each fitting between the tank and the heater to get fuel flow. Tank on one side of the house and the heater on the other side with "T"s for two heaters and the water heater.
                    Greg

Comment

is that the same as the airflow switch

Comment

is that the same as airflow switch

Comment

There is no air flow switch. You have a solenoid damper that is in the blower case and you have an air safety switch that is located on the base on the right side with the rubber hose connected. The solenoid damper has nothing to do with the fuel flow. The air safety switch has everything to do with fuel flow. If the hose is off or if it has been wired incorrectly you will have no fuel flow. If the exhaust or air tube on the outside of your house has ice or snow on it, it could be blocked also.Click image for larger version

Name:	moto_0073.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	87319

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          =