• Show
Clear All

• What is this? old Voltage reducers?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2310.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	87958

What are the two things coming out of the jbox. The black one say Central Control 110 V 50-600Y. The silver one Liberty 110V 60 cycles 10 volts bell. I take it they are both old voltage reducers?
    The silver one for the door bell. And the black one for I don't know? something maybe to do with old telephone?

They're both bell transformers. Faulty installation too - no romex wire connectors to the box even with loom on the wires.

Comment

Thanks. Old KT but the least of my problems. Do you need two of these for one door bell? It has always been a single family house so may be someone to lazy to remove one while replacing it?

Comment

could be one to supplement the other but you can't series them up like a battery. If you are concerned replace both with one rated 120 volts primary - 24 volts secondary.

Comment

Could one be the front door, the other the back door?

Comment

Are both transformers still wired? Can you trace the lines?

The black one looks a bit older than the silver, so the silver may simply be a replacement. I don't think phone systems used transformers that far back. I think that was a 50's-60's thing. That black one is likely from the 20's-30's.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =