Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Oil burner motor sound

I've started to notice an odd, buzzing sound coming from my furnace blower motor.

I've posted a video of it on YouTube, but since I'm new to the forum, I'm not allowed to post a link to it on here yet. If you were to go to YouTube and search "TxloXXM3vzg" you'd find it quick enough.

Not sure how long the sound has been like this, but I suspect a good while. We've been in the home for two years.

Question is, does this seem normal or more like a bad bearing or rubbing squirrel cage? I'm asking because we had a few intermittent incidents where the furnace needed to be manually restarted over the last four months and I'm not sure if this motor noise is related.

Furnace facts: Burnham V-74-T boiler, Beckett Model "AFG" series oil burner, Honeywell ignition.

Thanks in advance,
    Tom

buzzing

as the blower motor spins, its continually trying to seek its magnetic center. so its moving ever so slightly left to right and back again. the high voltage transformer is hinged so it folds out backwards. the primary wires may be hitting the squirrel cage fan to make the sound. check it out. the high voltage makes up off two springs to the spark gap wires.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =