Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to replace rusted air damper on my Monitor m41.

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to replace rusted air damper on my Monitor m41.

My air damper needs to be replaced. I found it rusted out when I attempted to change the location of unit. It needs S damper (standard I believe) but I bought E by mistake (e I believe for extension). It will not be needing an extension. Can I use the E anyway. The inside hole is a bit larger.

check eBay. It might be the only source for the damper. How'd it rust out? It's made of aluminum.

Comment

don't know how it corroded but it did. It was about 20 years in the same place, never removed the air supply hose before now. M41 instructions say to use air damper marked with "standard" if no extension kit its required (none required). I bought the new one I have on ebay. It says "extension on it, not S or standard. The inside diameter is larger than the standard damper. I actually have not been able to find the one marked STANDARD.

Comment

Why not make your own? The Monitor 41 & 441 both use the same dampers. The E damper has a 30mm ID and the S damper has a 24mm ID (I just measured both of mine.) They're both marked "M41 xxxxxx, either Extension or Standard. They're made of steel, so use a flat piece of sheet metal, cut a 24mm hole in it with a hole saw or nibbler, cut down the outside edge so it will fit inside the Extension damper you have, and use that to hold it in place.

Comment

I appreciate all the great answers. Thank you. I think I found what I need on Ebay. The seller was fantastic, honestly. It was sivak1979 and he has all kinds of parts.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =