Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 2200

Just 2 months ago I had a complete service of my 2200. For 2-3 wks after service it ran fine until my fuel ran low and I began getting the E13 and E14 codes. I thought I just needed fuel. Now I have lots of fuel in the tank. The first time it fired up and heated for about 5 mins before e13. Now I'm getting the error codes and when the Orange 'burn' lite comes on I hear the incessant tapping/knocking sound of the pump trying to draw fuel. I have tried: 1) bleeding the fuel filter near tank. 2) bleeding the fuel line near back of heater and 3) unplugging and restart. No luck. Should I replace the filter? I also have a 2-3 psi pressure control valve on line from tank because the tank is about 8' above. Not sure how to adjust pressure on this.

Thanks.

press the red button on the lower right side. this will release the float. wait a few minutes, then restart the heater. unplug the heater then plug it back in. this resets the computer lockout.

Comment

If the top of the tank is more than 8 feet above the floor the stove is on you will have to have a pressure regulator (which you have). If that regulator does not keep the fuel pressure below 2.5 PSI you can flood the fuel sump. When this happens the float goes to the top and sticks on the magnet, shutting off the fuel. The stove will burn and use up the fuel in the sump and give you either a E13 or E14 message. E13 will come if there was only enough to get the stove started before running out. E14 will show if the stove ran for 5 or 6 minutes. With no fuel in the sump you will hear that thumping noise. Those pressure regulators are very delicate and can be a lot of trouble. If the fuel is dirty your troubles are compounded. The worse case here is if the sump valve allows fuel by because of too much pressure you could flood the sump and fuel could spill over into the tray or floor. Be very careful here. What about your exhaust pipe and flue pipe set up??

Comment

E13 again

Originally posted by hawkins111 View Post
        If the top of the tank is more than 8 feet above the floor the stove is on you will have to have a pressure regulator (which you have). If that regulator does not keep the fuel pressure below 2.5 PSI you can flood the fuel sump. When this happens the float goes to the top and sticks on the magnet, shutting off the fuel. The stove will burn and use up the fuel in the sump and give you either a E13 or E14 message. E13 will come if there was only enough to get the stove started before running out. E14 will show if the stove ran for 5 or 6 minutes. With no fuel in the sump you will hear that thumping noise. Those pressure regulators are very delicate and can be a lot of trouble. If the fuel is dirty your troubles are compounded. The worse case here is if the sump valve allows fuel by because of too much pressure you could flood the sump and fuel could spill over into the tray or floor. Be very careful here. What about your exhaust pipe and flue pipe set up??
        I adjusted the regulator valve to reduce the pressure after I received a full tank of fuel. Now I'm getting the e13 again. Suggestions? Thx.

Comment

I'm still getting the e13. Ive pushed the red button but only waited a minute before restarting. Should I unplug after restarting?

Comment

When you push the red button, do you fell a little resistance? If so, you have too much fuel pressure and the bowl is filling up and forcing the float up on the magnet. Most pressure regulators are NOT adjustable. You really should not be messing with the regulator. Get one that is set for 2.0 PSI. That should fix your problem. Tom

Comment

Working...
            X
            =