Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Lift Master garage door.

Here is what happened....

that the door didn't open fully so I wasn't able to get my car in. I disengaged it by pulling the cord and opened it manually. Once inside I hit the button to close it and it closed too much jamming the trolley. I had to manually loosen the chain to unjam it. Now we can't get it to stop jamming by closing too much. The open and close is all messed up. We have tried increasing/decreasing both open and close as well as the force but it's still getting jammed. So frustrating.......How can we reset it all and get it working properly again without closing too much?

The limit gear inside the opener skipped and now the open/close limits are of. You will need a gear/sprocket rebuild kit to get it done right.

Comment

Would that also cause it not to reverse when it is supposed to?

Comment

That's a yes and a no, you have adjusting the force, it should stop and reverse when the door hit the floor and before it get jammed up, unless you have a lot of damage to the door/top section. It probably not reverse the first time because of the wear to the parts inside the box and it had to take up the slack in the chain.

Comment

Originally posted by TJR View Post
          That's a yes and a no, you have adjusting the force, it should stop and reverse when the door hit the floor and before it get jammed up, unless you have a lot of damage to the door/top section. It probably not reverse the first time because of the wear to the parts inside the box and it had to take up the slack in the chain.
          The door goes a little stops. Goes a little stops goes a little stops then goes all the way and jams at the end. I loosen chain, remove from gear, manually pull it all the way back to open then attach chain back to gear again. Hit button. Moves a little, stops, moves a little, stops, etc etc. once it reaches end of track it jams again. Back to loosening chain removing from gear etc etc.

Comment

By the way..... I do this without door attached to trolly. If I leave the door attached to close when it hits the floor it closes so tight it puts pressure on the track.

Comment

It can be many things, to get a better look at what;s going on you need to open the box.
              It can be a bad rpm sensor, but I don't see that as what started your problems.
              Over adjusting the open/close limits and/or damage the limit assembly. You will need the box open the reset the limits.
              You have a belt drive opener and damaged the motor rubber mounts, if so new opener.

Comment

Originally posted by TJR View Post
                It can be many things, to get a better look at what;s going on you need to open the box.
                It can be a bad rpm sensor, but I don't see that as what started your problems.
                Over adjusting the open/close limits and/or damage the limit assembly. You will need the box open the reset the limits.
                You have a belt drive opener and damaged the motor rubber mounts, if so new opener.
                We spent time on the phone with repair services with Chamberlain trying to make adjustments and they seem to think it's the travel assembly that is bad. They are sending us a new one and we will take it from there.

Comment

Please let us know what happens.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =