Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Basement Wall Crack Fix?

Hello,

Has anyone tried the do-it-yourself (DIY) epoxy based basement wall crack repair (sealing) kits? I have some leakage during heavy rains. The DIY kits are generally less than half of a commercial company - but I'm kinda hesitant to try them out if the experience by most hasn't been very good.

Thanks,
    Andor

THOROSEAL or WEDGEROCK are usually used for cracks. Thoroseal is like a white-wash concrete based "paint" that seals the surface. Wedgerock is a hydraulic cement that expands as it cures. Conventional cement or portland cement shrinks as it dries. You need to make the crack larger so the wedgerock has something to grip. you mix the powder with water and is usable for about fifteen minutes before it starts to set up.

Comment

I guess I'd rather not make the crack bigger at any point if possible...I'll look into THOROSEAL

What about kits like the RadonSeal DIY

Comment

I looked at the site for that radon sealant stuff. looks promising. try it! when you're finished report back here if it works. I'm sure others would like to know about it.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =