Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liftmaster issue

One of my garage doors has started to cut out like it's losing electricity. It commonly happens when the door is going down. When I hit the wall button the door will start going down and then at some point, it always varies, the green light on the wall button will go out and the door will stop. It then sits until I hear a clicking noise in the main unit and then the green light on the wall button comes back on. At which time I can hit the button again and the door will travel some distance until the power goes again.

It doesn't always do this and it only does it when the door is going down, never up. Happens whether I use the car remote, keypad or wall button. I had a professional come look at it and he said buy a new opener. Should I or is there a way to fix it?

Any help would be great.

Possible Logic board failure.
    Some on the logic board are going bad. If the opener not too old you can buy a new/used board on eBay or Amazon and replace it your self.

Comment

Logic Board

Thanks for the response. So the opener has to be approaching 18 years of age, looks like I should just purchase another. I'll probably just buy a Chamberlain and do it myself. Since Chamberlain/Liftmaster are the same company, will the outside keypad still work if I install a new opener or will I have to use a separate keypad for the new one? Right now both doors run off the same keypad.

Comment

The outside keypad will not work with a new opener as LiftMaster/Chamberlain has changed their code system and frequency over time.

Comment

Codes

Thats what I needed to know. Thanks for the help.

Comment

(Saw this and had to drop a line !)
            LiftMaster/Chamberlain > Genie everyday

18 years is in the typical range for life expectancy in residential openers, you may want to find out (if you don't already know) when your springs & tracks were serviced last as well !
            If you plan to stay in your home or keep the door you have, a high life cycle spring might be of interest to you as well

Aloha !

Comment

Absolutely agree with JTR.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =