Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New furnace ignitor won't glow or ignite

I just installed a new furnace igniter. When I turn the thermostat up I hear the furnace come on like normal and I hear the normal sounds of clicking and a noise by the blowers like it sounds as if gas is being released but that igniter will not glow or ignite I also removed the flame sensor and cleaned it very good. The furnace have been working fine until it would not ignite/why I switched the igniter out and clean the sensor. Cut the flame sensor possibly be bad which would not allow the new igniter to blow or come on any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated my furnace is a Goldman. Gmpn 060-03. Thanks

there may be several safety devices in series with the igniter keeping it from lighting. the flame detector doesn't come into play until there is a pilot flame or main burner ignite. is there a chance you broke the hot surface igniter when you installed it? they are very easy to break! when the igniter glows, its resistance changes to a preset value so the main valve opens.

Comment

check this out. maybe it'll help you. Oh your unit is a goodman not goldman
      Service Manuals for HVAC Equipment by AprilAire, Bryant, Carrier, Goodman and Others

Comment

I was very careful with ignitor so don't think I would have damaged it.

Comment

So in regards to the safety devices in a series what would these possibly be

Comment

Is there a fuse that could be bad on the control board for the ignitor? Just puzzled to why it won't come on or even glow

Comment

Could it be anything to do with the Flame roll out switch?

Comment

nine out of ten times I've seen posts about that switch. did you look at that web site I included?

Comment

Hey. Yeah I opened up the document. Just a lot of information trying to find the right information. In other posts you have seen of the Flame Roll out switch have they had the same symptoms as mine and by changing this fixed it? Thanks for your advise and feedback I greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Break out your multi meter and check to see if there is power to the igniter connections, then check the igniter for the correct resistance and not infinite, if you got infinite its broke, Then you can move on to the next fault, what are your fault codes from the Diagnostic LED?, lets not just throw parts at it till you get the one that's the problem, The PDF that HayZee included contains all the information anyone could need to diagnose the problem.
                    Last edited by akaothermick; 05-21-2015, 07:59 PM.

Comment

The ignitor checked out good. I looked at the control panel and it blinks once

Comment

One blink, gas flow, gas pressure, gas valve, flame sensor, thats what the manual says, also does the vent fan actuate first, are you getting power to the igniter connections, jumper out the access panel switch or it will be disabled, does your rollout have a reset button, if so reset it, page 50 on the PDF tells you about the igniter and testing.
                        Last edited by akaothermick; 05-21-2015, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Issue Solved. My circuit board was bad. Replaced and everything is working great.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          =