Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genie powermax 1500

Hi,

I have a Genie powermax 1500 garage door opener. It has been working great for the first year but now it only moves about 2 inches when I press the door opener button and then stops. I press the button again and it raises a couple of inches and stops. I tried re-programing it and it only moves 2 inches when I try to set the limit.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this problem.

Thanks.

They did have a recall not that long ago.
    Product Recall | The Genie Company

it do sound like a board failure, so if it's not on the recall list I will still call Genie and cry ALOT.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I checked and my garage door opener was not part of the recall. I did email Genie about a week ago and they said it sounded like the garage door is not balanced. I took your advise and called Genie and they are sending a replacement control board.

I was kind of worried because I had read a lot of complaints about how bad Genie's customer service was but I have had not problems with them at all.

Here's hoping the new control board fixes the problem.

Thanks again for the advice.

Comment

UPDATE: Genie sent me a replacement DC control board. I put in the new board and the garage door opener is now working fine.

Thanks again for the advice.

Comment

Genie powermax caused me problems too, several times. I just went for a noname product and they are working just fine.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =