Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fridge ice maker problem

I have a kitchen aid mod ksrg25fkwh04. There's just a drizzle of water coming from the water dispenser and the ice maker is jus barely working. I assume it's the filter. I've never changed it. How do I do it?

KitchenAid water filter replacement

I've never changed it. How do I do it?
    Refrigerator water filters should usually be replaced every 4-6 months depending on use. How old is the fridge?

You can see the filter used on your model and a video of how to replace it at the following link:

LINK > KitchenAid KSRG25FKWH04 Water Filter

While the filter could be the cause of your water flow problems there could be other possibilities as well. If a new filter doesn't correct the problem, post again and we'll try to suggest other areas to investigate.

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 07-12-2015, 01:17 AM. Reason: fixed link

Comment

The tag inside says mfg 03/04 so it's at least 12 years old and I've never changed the filter. The light is green so I assumed it was ok. Anyway I pulled the supply at the unit and it has good flow. I let it flush anyway and installed a new filter ($49.00). Ouch. Now I'm getting better flow from the water dispenser but won't know if the ice maker is getting enough till it runs through a few cycles.

Comment

The cheapest way, rather than pay those filter prices is to install a full size water filter housing in the line that feeds the fridge, with a drinking water taste and bio filter installed and not use a filter in the fridge housing, easier to change and a lot more filter capacity

Comment

Water filter indicator light

it's at least 12 years old and I've never changed the filter. The light is green so I assumed it was ok.
          The control that is responsible for the filter status light does not actually measure the ability of the filter, it just calculates its likely condition. Depending on the design of the control used on your model, it can measure some combination of the elapsed time since the indicator light was reset and how often the water dispenser was activated (an indicator of how much water went through the filter). If the indicator was never manually reset, I would assume the control has to be malfunctioning if it never indicated to replace the filter. Time alone should have tripped it!

Let us know if you notice any problems with the ice cubes.

Dan O.
          Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by akaothermick View Post
            The cheapest way, rather than pay those filter prices is to install a full size water filter housing in the line that feeds the fridge, with a drinking water taste and bio filter installed and not use a filter in the fridge housing, easier to change and a lot more filter capacity
            I have a bored well. Water taste is very good. The only thing I've experienced is very, very tiny sand like particles that are too big to pass through shower heads. I will have to pick them out after 3-4 months to keep full flow. For years I've wanted to install a whole house filter, maybe now I will. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =