Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amer Std Cadet Flowise with EcoFlush B8104 tank system DOESN'T FLUSH

Not sure if I need a plumber or a therapist to deal with this AWFUL toilet. I bought it 60 days ago and it hasn't worked since day one. Water spins in the bowl but doesn't really clear out, you can't even flush a single square of toilet paper with this thing. There are no clogs/obstructions, I have been flushing with a bucket of water. Customer service is a joke, the warranty place was supposed to send replacement parts a month ago, none have ever shown up. Had a plumber over yesterday who basically charged me $140 to tel me yep, the ecoflush thing doesn't work. Has anyone ever gotten one of these toilets to successfully operate on a sustainable basis? I am about to have another plumber come back, remove the thing and take it to the landfill, and install some other kind of toilet that actually works. How do you fix these things??

a basic toilet has a built in anti-siphon bend cast into the porcelain. this forms the sewer gas "trap" in any toilet. how the flush water refills the tank is another story. a small flow must enter the bowl to bring the water level up to the first bend to trap sewer gases between there and the flange where the toilet bolts onto the drain system. the sudden inrush of a volume of water that enters the bowl does the flushing to empty the bowl of its contents. I would think, a gallon or a gallon and a half would be enough to flush the toilet. if there is a partial blockage within the clay casting of the internals, then the manufacturer has poor quality control measures in place. I'd go back to the supplier and complain.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =