Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Grass Pros Here? MN, Thick Blade Taller Stragglers in Lawn, Help!

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Grass Pros Here? MN, Thick Blade Taller Stragglers in Lawn, Help!

My lawn is pretty decent, I fertilize, water, core aerate in fall, etc. However a few years ago I started getting blades that were thicker, would grow faster than the rest and ruin the look of my lawn. Now they are getting out of control. Weed killer doesn't seem to do it and they are very hard to pull with the root. I would be outside for days even if they were easy to pull. With a tip from a lawn company I put a sock on a hockey stick and round up on the sock and swept over the tips of the blades. Great idea but didn't seem to get enough of the plant to kill it.
    Here are some pictures...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20150721_193352.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	87999

Name:	20150721_193308.jpg
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	88000

Name:	20150721_193422.jpg
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	88001

could it be CREEPING FESCUE? Fescue sends out travelers across the thatched surface.

Comment

After reading online more I was actually thinking it could be a Fescue, it is actually just grass, ugly though. Wish there was an easy way to get rid of it, it grows so much faster than the Kentucky Blue Grass that looks really nice.

Comment

you ever get a response to this? I have the same thing here in CT. It's called Nutsedge and it's really hard to get rid of. Sedgehammer is a decent product

Comment

Yeah, I've come across that type of weed and thought it might be that too. This year wasn't too bad for some reason. I have not tried much to control it. I did put Round Up on a rag and tried sweeping the tall blades but didn't seem to take.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =