Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troy bilt 5550 generator question

Hi all, new here and will be buying a home in Jax Florida within a year so I will have lots of questions. Also glad to find this forum.
    I made an uneducated purchase on a troy bilt 5550. when i got home I realized the engine was cracked and beyond repair. New engine is close to three hundred dollars and i am not even sure if its just the motor. Anyway can I put a 6 or 8 hp engine on it instead? does it need a specific type of motor or any kind will work as long as crackshaft fits snug into the generator? What do you guys suggest? i got it real cheap so debating what to do. a new one is close to 600 bucks i would like to avoid spending

see if the generator stator bolt holes lines up on the engine. also the generator shaft is a short stubby one with an internal tapered shaft. a straight engine shaft will not work. has to be tapered.

Comment

What do you think the best thing to do?

Comment

well, I don't know what your engine shaft is, straight or tapered. maybe you could make up an adapter plate for the stator and housing to bolt into.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =