Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evaporator coil

need an evaporator coil for goodman aru-49 heat pump air handler..best i can come up with is # p140149 coil #..that is from a johnstone site with part breakdown...i wanted to go with a improved one which is all alum but the best i can come up with is a coated one,same # with a "C" on end of the part # ..this is an r-22 unit///over the years it has gotten harder to get info if you weren't a contractor...i have a universal refrigeration card..i am 60 years old,i have a reclaimer,vacuum pump,nitrogen equipment,mini tank set,micron gauge,super heat/super cool gauge set etc..have replaced evaporator coill and compressors over the years...have taken classes over the years...but it is not my primary job so i never really cared to be a contractor in hvac......i have tried from goodman,johnstone and usual coil suppliers..none will even tell me if there is an upgraded coil from the oem..which lasted 12 years.....goodman was no problem till this year to buy or talk to..quess when they were bought by asain company the rules changed..i can buy from ruud dealer..it changes with the wind...i can order this coil on line but it is extremely marked up and i don't know if it is right or not....i could buy online a complete air handler for same price but case is differant size and to me stupid ......this won't cost a dime to do but the price of the coil ........i will come up with one but it is a witch hunt to do what used to be pleasure and fun to repair.......i will agree that replacing an outside unit or whole system should be done by a licenced hvac man to be inspected and have warranty..but i still feel like you can replace any part in a system and not beaking or bending a law ..i quess in time i won't be able to buy refrigerant and will do away with the universal card and just have a contractor license...
Working...
X
=