Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chamberlin 1/2 hsp lift master travels 12" stops goes back home

My chamberlin 1/2 hsp lift master when you press the garage door opener it travels about 12" and stops then goes back home. If I disengage it (pull the ripe) so it travels freely it still goes about 12", stops and goes back home. I have checked the door tension and the springs are fine. What else can I check?

Thanks in advance!!

Do you know how old the LiftMaster is?
    Have you had any problems with it before?
    Is it a chain drive or belt drive?

Comment

Originally posted by TJR View Post
      Do you know how old the LiftMaster is?
      Have you had any problems with it before?
      Is it a chain drive or belt drive?
      Thanks fir replying. It's 6 years old and chain driven. I'm pretty technical. I went to Chamberlin Lift masters web site and did some diagnostics. It is flashing 5 amber lights at a time and appeared my sensor was bad. When I looked at it I pressed the connector tight and checked to see if I had short I didn't see anything weird but it's working now. Either I had a loose connection, short or the sensor is going bad. I'll have to keep an eye on it

Comment

So when it go back to full open the work light will blink and you can hear a clicking from the motor? That indicate safety sensor interrupt, some blocking sensor to wire connections and/or bad logic board, but as you did check it all before spending the $$$.
        If the work light didn't blink and no clicking from the motor, it might be a bad rpm sensor and/or logic board.

Comment

Hmmm why would "anything" be bad? It's been working now going on day 3 with no issues

Comment

if its not the travel limit, it might be the sensors

Comment

Working...
            X
            =