Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second AC drain line started dripping but primary still drips

Hi there, I'm trying to see if there's a problem in my AC drain. The secondary (roof) drain never dripped until today, at least not noticably. I know this usually goes when the primary drain (by the unit) is clogged. However, the primary drain is still dripping.

I used the shop vac on the primary drain output and pulled out some gunk but not a lot. I haven't tried it at the source on the unit yet.

Is this a sign of a primary drain clog? Or is it just indicative of heavier usage? (Heat wave + flu/fever means more usage over the past few days)

Thanks!

then I wouldn't worry about it. what does bug me is why contractors always put in a trap where you don't need it! if the unit was draining into a closed sewer line, then ok, that would justify it.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      then I wouldn't worry about it. what does bug me is why contractors always put in a trap where you don't need it! if the unit was draining into a closed sewer line, then ok, that would justify it.
      The trap is to prevent an air leak being blown out through the drain, not for any sanitary reasons. Its is a requirement to install one in a air handling system condensate drain.
      Last edited by akaothermick; 09-03-2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I think its not simple problem its really difficult so you can call your local ac repair store.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =