Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water spraying from sink

Hi All,

During certain cycles when my dishwasher is running there is water spraying out of the drain in my kitchen sink. It gets some pretty good distance and sprays the entire wall and counter if there's nothing to catch the water (i.e. a bowl over the drain). I'm not very handy and tried to look up on Google what was causing this, but all I could find were videos on cleaning the air gap. The water I saw coming out from the air gap seemed like it was coming out of where a spray nozzle would be for the sink and not out of the drain. Does anyone have some suggestions (and videos if possible?) on what I can check to try to get it to stop doing this? I appreciate any help that someone can offer.

Thanks,
    Kelly

the air gap is supposed to pass the effluent matter towards the drain. as soon as the dishwasher discharges, the air gap slams shut and the water goes to the drain. when the drain cycle stops, the air gap supposed to open to prevent back siphonage to the dishwasher. if the guts of the air gap has some debris keeping it open it should be cleaned out or replaced with a new unit. on mine all i have is a loop out of copper pipe up near the sink basin and then it goes into a drain line connected to the sink tailpipe and trap fittings.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =