Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reliant Transfer Switch

I am finally pulling the trigger on this project years in procrastination.
    When we have a power failure, I will run the generator cord through the window and into the house and directly plug the refrigerator and another extention cord in for a few other things...the window is not locked-house not secured. Always concerned about CO coming in.

SO I finally decided what I am going to do and what circuits to isolate: Refrigerator, small freezer, furnace (gas), ADT alarm circuit, range ( gas), water heater (gas) a circuit for a room with tv and computer....

Hopefull I can do all this with a 7500watt gen.; currently have a 4000watt.

here is the stuff I am going to install and a 10/2 run across to the house to a power inlet box outside.

Transfer switch
    flush mount kit
    Power inlet box

Any ideas or comments with the merchant or the install...looks fun enough!
    It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

I can't figure out how many watts this thing needs. IS there anyone with some elctrical smarts to tell me if I can even include this thing in this project? Max running amps 8.5???? About 980 watts?

At HVAC.com, homeowners are empowered to get the HVAC help they need at a fair price.

Comment

amps times volts equals watts
      8.5 X 120 = 1020

Comment

Here is the install videos. I ordered th TS today.
        At 2:50 hesays , and I have heard this in more than one place, not to bend the flex hose much: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNbB...ion_3273011805

is this because bends cause resistance?

Comment

I watched the video all the way through. Seems like an ok investment. I don't understand his main breaker - four pole???
          anyway the transfer switch has individual switches for each branch circuit and its all mechanical too, this is good. I got a gen hookup for my house but I got several steps to do before I crank up my generator.
          That guy's setup is easy.
          I wouldn't worry too much about the flexible greenfield. its just a convenient way of connecting his box to your panelbox.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =