• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compressor station hose setup

Click image for larger version

Name:	Airsetup.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	88009I just bought a narrow crown stapler and these plans were included. I realized that some stuff i do requires an oiler and other stuff does not. this seems to be perfect thought a little elaborate though I have everything I need except.

What should I use for the pipe ?
    It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

blow guns don't need any water traps or filters. paint spray guns need a water trap and a high pass filter. also a regulator for line pressure. nailguns need a regulator and a water trap. an inline lubricator would be nice. what is your cfm output?
    piping depends on your cfm output. my 80 gal 50 cfm compressor feeds into a 1/2 inch sweated copper line with quick disconnects for equipment. for mechanical equipment like nailers I have inline oilers. 1/2 inch impact I just give a little squirt of wd-40 and I'm good for a half day.

Comment

33 gallon Craftsman 150psi max 6.2 scfm @ 90

I have an inline oiler and water trap. Actually I have 2 So, I would like to have one oiled line for air tools guns , grinders etc...and the other an air source for air brush and such.....I put a line a fews back on the bottom of the tank to add a ball valve to rapidly purge the air and water. I think I did that project through this board...let me see if I can find it... YUP back in 2011 you helped with a similar issue: http://www.homerepairforum.com/forum...accessory.html here we are again.
      Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      blow guns don't need any water traps or filters. paint spray guns need a water trap and a high pass filter. also a regulator for line pressure. nailguns need a regulator and a water trap. an inline lubricator would be nice. what is your cfm output?
      piping depends on your cfm output. my 80 gal 50 cfm compressor feeds into a 1/2 inch sweated copper line with quick disconnects for equipment. for mechanical equipment like nailers I have inline oilers. 1/2 inch impact I just give a little squirt of wd-40 and I'm good for a half day.
      Last edited by vdotmatrix; 09-08-2015, 09:40 PM.
      It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

Comment

My compressor has a proportional band of 20 psi. when tank pressure drops by 20 pounds the compressor kicks in. I had a sears compressor that went through three unloader pressure switches and the last time blew a hole in the compressor sleeve. so I bought a central pneumatics compressor and tank. I just piped the sears tank into the air flow of the new setup. each tank has its own water drain valve on the bottom. I have a flex line that connects the air to my 1/2 inch copper line out to the house and its quick disconnects [2] and one hard piped blowgun with regulator. if I do any painting I put in an inline water trap and regulator using quick disconnects. air tools only inline oilers. don't want oil throughout the whole airline. be mindfull, the compressor will vibrate. hard piped lines will eventually fail. use a hose between your hard piping and the compressor.

Comment

the flex tubing's internal diameter collapses or narrows itself when the bend is too severe. a gradual bend is better.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =