Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 422 part

I am adding a second monitor 422 heater to heat a large basement room in my house. I was given one that had been in storage for a while and the mice got to it pretty good. I have a parts machine and was able repair and or replace all the damaged stuff (Mostly chewed wiring). I got it all cleaned up and everything works fine but the one part I do not have and need is the plastc strainer/filter cup the capsule tank sits in. The mice decided to chew one of the holes in the side a little bigger and they also chewed off the stem that pushes the plunger in the capsule tank cap Rendering it usless.

Does anyone have one of these
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20150830_123950.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	88010
    hanging around they would be willing to part with. Not having any luck finding one with any of my usual monitor parts resources..

I don't have an extra strainer, but I bet the supplier I get my parts from Hickory Home and Garden, Hickory, NC will have it or can get it for you. You can find them on the web by searching for Hickory Home and Garden. They don't list Monitor parts on their web site, but they do have them. There is also a toll free phone number listed on their web site. The part number for the strainer is 6177. If you can't find a replacement I wouldn't think the hole in the side being larger than normal would hurt anything and maybe you could run a screw in from the bottom up to use as a pin to push the plunger in the tank. I'm not sure this would work, but might be worth a try if you can't find a new one.
    Last edited by FordMan59; 09-08-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on Hickory Home and Garden. I Just contacted them. They have one left in stock for 9 bucks plus shipping, I will add them to my list of parts retailers..

Comment

Working...
      X
      =