Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenwood 1060VR Receiver - No Sound from Right Speaker on "B" Channel

I have a Kenwood 1060VR receiver. I have outputs from all of the speakers including surround sound except for the right speaker on the B channel (the speakers on the A channel work). The speakers connect just w/clips, no banana jacks. I tried to file down the internal contacts to no avail. Anybody have an idea on what could be wrong inside before I tear it apart. I do have an electronics background (degree)so replacing components is no big deal. I was gonna spring for a set of schematics but before I do spend the cash, figured I'd poll the board for some clues.

what is your signal at the input to the dual volume control or the balance control?
    the final amplifier may be push-pull so one of the transistors may be bad.
    if one of your speaker wires came off with the amp on, you could have fried the output transformer.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      what is your signal at the input to the dual volume control or the balance control?
      the final amplifier may be push-pull so one of the transistors may be bad.
      if one of your speaker wires came off with the amp on, you could have fried the output transformer.
      Thanks for the quick reply. I know for sure that none of the speaker wires came of w/the amp on. I do not have the equipment to check any signals as you suggested. Was just wondering if there was something quick that I can check and or replace. Hate like heck to trash it, yes, it's an old unit, but it works great!!!

Comment

I know what you mean about having to trash a piece of fine electronic equipment. I had a pioneer receiver/amp that blew out an output transformer and I couldn't find a suitable replacement. So it took the deep six.
        I now have a mixer/amplifier that lost a channel. But I have a friend that loaned me an audio generator and a dual channel ollisciscope so I can trace a signal through the boards. I don't think you can do the same with a digital ohm meter - sorry.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =