Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genie Garage Door Opener intermittently won't close

I am new to this forum and looking for some advice.

Have a rental property with genie garage door opener, not sure about the age of the opener. About a month ago tenant complaint that they can't close the garage door with the remote nor wall button. So I went to the house and do some trouble shooting. Checking the photo sensors, door mechanism and the opener itself. Everything seems to be in working order and could not replicate the issue, so case was closed and I told them to send me a video if the garage door is having the same issue.
    Last week the tenant send a message with the issue and the video that shows the garage won't go down by pressing the wall button.
    The link to the video is attach, sorry can't make it as a hotlink due to new member restriction. (just copy and paste the link in your browser to view)

please add w w w dot dropbox.com/s/pf2eb7azgyudo3i/20150918_125706.mp4?dl=0

Please let me know if you can help me resolve the issue. I am planning to replace the photo sensors and wire in the following weeks to eliminate that issue.

Thank you.

I will say safety sensor problem, but it might be the sun hitting the sensor and you can move it back out off the sun. To over ride the safety sensor they have to press and hold the wall button.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =