Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do yo separate a dual pole circuit breaker

The transfer switch I am installing has a 30A breaker I want to separate but can't figure out how to do it.

Any ideas

thx
    It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

is it a double pole circuit breaker? some double poles are connected internally inside the breaker - pole to pole. if there is a plastic or metal tie bar between the breaker handles, this tie bar can be removed. metal cut it out with a hacksaw. plastic should unsnap.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      is it a double pole circuit breaker? some double poles are connected internally inside the breaker - pole to pole. if there is a plastic or metal tie bar between the breaker handles, this tie bar can be removed. metal cut it out with a hacksaw. plastic should unsnap.
      Yes it is a double pole breaker with a metal bridge as pictured.....I am a knucklehead...until I removed this breaker did I see it was built this way.

SO, I installed a Reliance 310C transfer switch which has in the A&B position a double pole breaker which I replaced with (2) 20a breakers to use.

BUT, when I replace these breakers, the A circuit, which powers the Frig, will not energize. all the other circuits light up like a charm....
      It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

Comment

if it is a single pole 20 it shouuld energize the bus. double check that you reset the breaker. sometimes they are difficuult to reset.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =